1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! on Extreme V!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Evan Freiling, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Evan Freiling

Evan Freiling Junior Member

I just used my Extreme V ss 8.6' for the first time on about 2.5" of snow/ice.At first great fast acting,quite no problems. Then after 20hrs plow started squealing when I lifted the blade. So decided to check the fluid on my brand new plow,and noticed it leaking out of the top of the pump.Pulled the cap checked level.fine.Figured it was over filled.Now its even slower wings cant keep up with each other, and i cant angle a load,i was able to before. My dealer told me noise is normal with no real explanation,his mechanic probably over filled the pump,and with heavy snow you wouldn't be able able to angle a load or lift while stacking. WHAT THE F,$6,000 plow setup and I get 15 good hours of plowing then it craps out along with my dealer.Can someone please help me.Because if we do get that heavy march storm,right now iam screwed. Thanks guys.

BTW Iam located in PA 1hr north Philadelphia

2. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

sounds like your dealer sucks and or doesn't think you know what your talking about .
    is there a differnt dealer near you you could take it to too check it out, if so you could get a written estimat and throw it at your local dealer, if they still blow you off call up fisher and rat them out.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

There is a set screw on the back side of the pump near the top. It allows you to adjust how quickly the plow drops, check it for leaks. Mine leaked when it was installed but we found it before we used it.

4. GSE

GSE Senior Member

I bought three of the plows this year, and two of them had a similar "leak". Both had defective breathers, you might want to try to get that replaced. No more leaks, however one of my controllers crapped out yesterday, and all three need new cutting edges after 6 storms.

Anyone find an aftermarket source for cutting edges for the X-V? I'm not looking forward to dropping 400 bucks for each blade, two or three times a year.

5. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

As far as moving angeling a pile the pump only has the capability of produsing 1700 to 2000 lbs of pleasure. A full blade of wet heavy snow will exceed that limit. Have the pump pressure checked by a Fisher Tech. Also these plows are not a bucket loader and will not lift mountains of snow. Fisher does have a 1/2 in cutting edge available for the 8.5 ft plow part # 44743 those plows only came with a 3/8 in edge from the factory because of weight constraints for certain truck applications, also try a set of where shoes these shoes are made of heavy cast iron and will safe your cutting edge.