1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help on deciding to buy meyers plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rudyk, Sep 17, 2013.

1. rudyk

rudyk Junior Member

Have a guy who want to sell me a Meyers 7.5 straight blade.
    It has been sitting outside for a year, the controller has also been outside with it.
    The plow does not come with truck mount. I have a 95 chevy 1 ton single rear wheel to put it on.
    The pump is a E47. don't know the year looks likes it in good shape.
    How would I know which mount to get and is it worth 800.00
    Thanks for your help.

2. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

I'm sure someone will chime in about the mount, there are a few guys here that really know these things, as far as value, I'd be surprised if the controller "weathered" well, and they can be $100-$200, the mount for your truck will probably be $300-$500 and then do you need the truck side wiring? that can be another $400 to $700 new, all together I'd find out what your total is and then see if its still worth it, sounds like it could be fair if everything is relatively clean and you know it works. I bought a Meyer 8 ft for $1250 thinking I was getting a great deal and then put another $1500 into the mount and wiring and then another $700 into rebuilding the pump and fixing some other stuff, then later in the season another $400 in lights. Its like brand new now, but looking back not sure it was such a great deal, it worked and I'm happy but I might have done better buying new in the first place, just know your total cost going in and then judge if it works for you.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if he left everything outside and didn't cover or grease anything then I doubt he maintained it when he used it!...e47 is and old series...offer him $300 and start looking for the parts you need

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you really want a 8 foot or 8 1/2 foot plow for that one ton. a 7 1/2 foot plow will leave you running over fresh snow when turning, and will just barely clear your tire tracks when angled.