1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on Code 3 Light Bar

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by That Guy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. That Guy

That Guy Junior Member

I bought an old lightbar a while back and I can't seem to figure how it works. Its an older code 3 lightbar and it has a siren on it. All the wires were snipped to about 2 inches. It would be great if someone could tell me what I need to power and run this lightbar.
  2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

You should post this in the strobe lighting section. You will definately get your answers there. Good Luck.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

How many wires do you have? Two or four will be the siren speakers.depending on how many the bar has.Some bars had all kinds of options. Like back only flash, front only. If it has ( white ) take down lights and ally lights those are more wires. Black and red wires may light the bar up for what you want.
  4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Your best bet is to take the lenses off and look at what color wire go where, write them down, then go to a local electrical supplier and get some wire but make sure you get stranded not solid wire!!! There will usually be 1 ground in the bar for everything. If you run into further problems send me a pm.
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Call code 3. Give them the serial number of your bar, and they will send you an electrical diagram of your bar. I have had to do this, and they had the info to me the same day by e-mail. Good luck.