1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on biding roadways with walks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Daleys, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Daleys

Daleys Junior Member

I need help on biding on 2.9 miles of roadways with walks along side for a development. How much is the going rate per sq or ln foot? i need to price it out two ways per push and for the season.

2. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

This is my 3rd year in buisness, and these questions always make me roll my eyes. Figure out your expenses so that you can figure out an hourly rate. Then look at the job, estimate how long it will take, then times that number by your hourly rate.

What are you going to do... measure the road to see how many square feet it has?

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

cost per plow

If you need help calculating your costs per hour of operation, check out www.profitsareus.com and look for the know why you charge what you charge CD. This Cd will calculate your companies costs per hour of operation based on your overhead, expenses and use-rates. We also offer a quick estimator for snow & ice management that will take the guess work out of all your estimates for plowing and deicing. Not that I don't want to help you bid this job, but everyone's break-even point is different.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 800-845-0499.

4. Daleys

Daleys Junior Member

yea i did measure it out it only took 10min or so and that way i know how much salt needs to be put out as well but im just looking for is a price per lin foot or somthing easy than per hr you can spend all night thinking about how long it will take you instead of haveing number right in front of you.