1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help on bid for monthly contract

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by chachi1984, Nov 28, 2012.

1. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

hey,
    I got a call from a customer for a quote on a commercial lot , about 70000sq and 1.6 acres easy square lot, and sidewalks. prob take me around 1.5hr to plow and 1/2 hr do do the sidewalks. truck with 8ft plow

at first the wanted pay per plow and salting for 3 months so I gave them a quote , around 200 per plow ,plus salt and hst.

then they messaged me and said how much for a monthly contract pay per month .

I feel my quote was fair . thats seems to be a going rate inthe southern ontario area I have another lot that i do around same size.

I also have 2 other big lots that pay per month all year around salt include.

I just want to know what you guys would quote this guy per month

if anyone can give rough idea on a fair price would be great.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

200 per plow times how many times you go out a season ,plus a couple of extras in it. Divide it my how many months he wants,4,5,6

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Well if you have other seasonal accounts then you know the # of occurrences you base those on...take that number and multiply by your per occurrences price for the new lot. Doesn't seem like rocket science just simple math