1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help on a purchase (Sno-Way 26 Series)

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by apelfrey, Mar 12, 2008.

1. apelfrey

apelfrey Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey guys, I'm new to all this. My wife and I have our own business and long driveways of ours and family that we would like to take care of our snow removal ourselves. I have a 2001 Chevrolet 1500, Long Bed, Extended Cab, 4x4. I've been looking at the Sno-Way 26 Series for my truck. Now I've found on for sale locally that is two years old and I'm not sure that if I buy it that I'll actually get everything I need. The seller says it has the remote control and downforce technology and it is the polycarbonate. He also says that he would include a 99' - 05' Silverado/Avalanche/GMC truck (part # 99100680) subframe (I see that this is a subframe that the Sno-Way factory doesn't make anymore - is that a problem?). That's it - no mention of a mount kit or nosepiece. Truck light harness connectors for the truck are included in the sale. If I bought this plow off him, would I get everthing I need? What else would I need that might not be included??
    Is this even a good choice for my truck? I'd like to get the biggest possible without putting too much strain on my truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

a 26 series.....You would be fine. If you wan't you could get some timbrens, (or other lower cost non-name brand front bushings). Add some ballast in the back..(weight), crank your torsion bars up a little and ur ready to GO!.......

I have a 96 tahoe with an 8foot 29T on it (1500)...never have problem pushin snow...
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway changed their mounting cartons so they are two pieces instead on a single part number. The new part is the same as the 0680 mount it just was repackaged for easier shipping and inventory control. So the mount will fit. The headlight adapters may be different depending on which lights you have vs. the lights they have. Chevy gives you options.

The 26 series is an excellent choice for your truck.
  4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

that plow would be a great choice for your truck it has dp which is geat and it easly hooks up and disconnects so you dont have to drive around with the plow on the front of your truck between storms... and the wireless control makes it even easier you dont have the extra wires to hook up and disconnect or (to have problems with) just keep some extra battries with you...