1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help on a light bar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChEc0, Oct 9, 2005.

1. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

Hey guys i was just wondering what u guys have for led light bars right now i have 2 strobes on my back rack and i want a light bar in the middle
    i just found this one http://www.needlights.com/ab111200.html so if anyone knows anything about it please help me out and if you guys have picks of how u mounted yours that would help also
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have that same light bar. If you get the permanent mount it comes with two slots for the bolts. I bolt a piece of flat stock on the top of the back rack and then drilled 4 holes in the flat stock and the light bolts to that.

Regards Mike
  3. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

is it nice and bright and how is it to wire up would i be able to tap into the strobes i have now and keep them on one switch or does it have to be seprate

4. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

be careful with the 12 volt plug in bars, i had one and it melted right through my cigg lighter. i didnt notice it was happening till i smelled the plastic melting while i was out plowing. talk about a damn mess.
  5. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

i dont plan on using the cigg. lighter i wana just run a switch for it
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably a good idea but I would'nt tap into your strobe. I'd run a separate switch.
  7. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

How bright is this lightbar? I've heard about some led lightbars that are not very bright. Also, is it well made. Is the plastic heavy duty? I appreciate any help as I'm considering buying this unit.
  8. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

I have that same light mounted to my backrack using the 91002REC backrack bracket kit. You can remove the magnets from the bottom, you will be left with 4 bolts sticking out of the light, drill 4 holes in the backrack bracket to match and your good to go. I ran 3 wires from the light to 2 dash mounted switch's, 1 is on/off and the other is flash pattern. The light is pretty bright and seems to be well built. They do make the same light in a permanent mount kit but it seems to be much harder to find.
  9. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

what kind of switch did u run for the flash pattern cause its got 7 different ones and the permanet one isnt hard to find go to http://www.needlights.com/ab111200.html scrool to bottom and selct it from models
  10. BigBurban

BigBurban Member

I have this light bar also....It is very bright and seams to be well made. LED's are nice because they draw very little power compared to strobes. As long as you can add about 4 amps to your strobe circuit safely you could wire it right in.

The mag mount has a momentary switch mounted on the bottom to change patterns.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  11. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

i wish i could see one on a truck to see how it looks i dont wana get a light bar and be the *** of the group out in the snow
  12. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Dude, I instantly came up with about a zillion smarta$$ comebacks for that one, but I'll save them. Just thought you should know:> ha ha! By the way, I love that lightbar, I think I might get one. I was toying with the idea of putting four quad flash LED ovals inside an old jetsonic minibar because the LED minibars I've seen are big bucks, but that ones decent priced.
  13. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

ya im allset the with remarks and im pretty sure im gonna get that light bar