1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!Not sure what to charge for a 160 space parking lot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ss502gmc, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I live in southeastern mass and have to quote a guy for an 160 space parking lot and wants a price per push for 1'-4',4'-8',8'-12', and 12'+. Im not exactly sure how that works and i really wanna get this property as then i will get 3 more from this guy. Also he wants a price for sand and salt per application. I have been plowing for 7 years but have always sub-contracted myself by the hour. i figure it should take 1.5 hrs with one truck to plow. Any help would be great Thanx!! Corey
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

theres been a lot of these questions asked lately. i wont give people prices because every situation is unique. heres some things to help you price it.
    first, figure what you want to get as a per hour rate and work that into your scale. in other words, it takes more time to plow 8" than it does 3"...what is your time worth? what do you have to charge for the lot to actually put money in your pocket at the end of the storm? weight all your costs against your potential profit...at what amount will you break even? turn a profit? lose money? i dont think anyone can give you an accurate number because price varies from town to town. Just start with the info i gave you and if you sit down and crunch numbers, youll come up with your price. it takes a little time, but is quite easy.