1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP !! No lights !!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dieselman19, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

Im working on a 1993 Chevy with a 9 pin uni mount and i have no low beams or running lights i have check the simple stuff and i replaced both relays but still nothing, please any help would be great

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the truck or on the plow? What about high beam's,any?
  3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Brown wire tap from truck running lights activates the headlight relays. See if you got power on the brown wire coming from front running light. If not, pull running light and see if you lost connection. If you run a power jumper wire from battery to brown wires on relay(it's jumped from one relay to the other) and hit the headlight switch, the headlights should turn on. Then just find brown wire in snowplow harness and tap into truck running lights, and you should have running lights on plow also. This is assuming you have all 9 pins intact and the ground wire from the power plug back to the battery is good. JOHN
  4. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

I'm no expert, but last season the Plow lights would not go on, only the truck lights, so I replaced some fuses and everything was fine...

Couldn't tell ya exactly which one though...