1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help... No lights !!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by badass chevy, Jan 14, 2011.

1. badass chevy

badass chevy Junior Member

I'm new to fisher MM plows. I've had a meyers for years.
    I bought a 95 chevy diesel with the MM already on it,
    It was in the back of my truck. now time has come to hook it up and use it. The problem is...i hooked the whole thing up....EVERYTHING works great but.... Can't get the headlights to work (marker lights and blinkers do) . I've been told they should come on when i plugged it in. I do see two relays by one of my batteries. all wires look good no rust or corrsion. I'm good with wiring but don't want to play until i know where to start. could be something i'm overlooking. I'm used to a switch under my dash. so for no....i try to plow in the day but would like to fix the lights CORRECTLY !!

:drinkup:Thank you !!

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

2 plug setup?

3. badass chevy

Yes sir... one main power and pretty sure other is for the lights and maybe controls. one on each side of truck. just weird...that everything else works great ....including blinkers.:mechanic:

4. badass chevy

hello..... Where did you go ? lol

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sorry dude, big storm, lost track.

Go to your headlights, look where the harness plugs into the lights. Is that harness from the truck or the plow's wiring?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  6. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Buy two new relays, I'm sure thats your problem,(one is for low beam, one for high beam) they get corroded very easily especially if over a year old.... try wiggling the harness to see if they go on, either way , use contact cleaner and LOTS of dielectric grease on the harnesses.

7. badass chevy

Its all good REPO MAN A storm is hitting Vermont right now too, Just hard plowwin in the dark.lol
    I have a diesel and they are right (behind battery)where i can't really get to them, my truck lights work fine.
    I tapped both relays... check all connections... looks like they did i nice job of hooking them up.. not a single light comes on. BUT Blinker and markers work fine. Is there any chart i can use? i traced the power side i found two wires that go to the silanod and one that goes to the pos. side of battery. they all look good... i have lights to my joystick... plow works good...... Anybody have an install chat for a 95 chevy diesel maybe i can chase all wires. I'm good at wiring...just need something to go by.

Thanks

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Did you replace the relays?

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Start with the simple things.....Grill connector (inspect the pins, clean, apply dielectric grease, and look for broken or corroded pins), connectors at the headlamps, relay's, look closely for broken wires....both behind the headlamp plug ins as well as the grill connectors. Open up your plow headlamps...inspect the connections and bulbs......sounds simple, but it could be as simple as busted bulbs, or corroded connections.

Park & Turn lamps are not wired through the relay's, rather run direct, so the fact that they are working may point to a relay issue.

[​IMG]

MANUAL

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  11. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

Great information. I am having similar issues too.

12. badass chevy

Thanks,
    I'm going home later and to start chasin wires !! I will let you know what i come up with.......

Jeff