1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help No lifting power...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CaptainJon, Feb 23, 2012.

1. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

My MM1 8 ft two plug is having a really hard time going up it angles fine and go down fine. but going up is really really slow and after doing it once or twice it doesn't go up at all.

Things i have done - Changed the fluid, changed the motor and motor base, changed power harness truck and plow side, changed plow side multi pin harness also...

Please help it is suppose to snow tonight or tomorrow am!
  2. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I don't have that exact plow but there may be a relief valve that isn't seating all the way or has failed. The v plows here have adjustable ones that need tuning once in a while.

The lift cylinder could also be leaking internally. When you do get it to raise will it stay in the raised position or does it lower on its own?
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  3. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Junior Member

the lift cylinder is fine and already adjusted the quill and still no luck starting to think it's the hydro pump...
  4. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

If it angles fine I'd be leaning toward something other than the pump first.

Was there any trash in the old oil when you changed it? Could be something moving around inside that allows it to work slow a few times then quits once it completely blocks the oil flow.
  5. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

We ended up putting a new pump in it. Lifts fine now, not as fast as a mm2 plow, but it lifts!