1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP,Nite Sabers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plowman2, Feb 21, 2007.

1. plowman2

plowman2 Member

Desperate guys , need some help to figure out my problem. Drivers side night saber is very dim only on high beam. The regular truck lights work fine on high and low beam. Is only the drivers side nite saber. Bought a brand new set and tried a new module,no good. tried new harness from module to light ,no good, still dim. Even tried hooking up one of the new lights and its dim. Lights are on a 2003 Ram 2500. Out of idea's at this time help me out here. Almost like the driver side ground is bad some place. HELP HELP HELP.:confused:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I think your on the right track to suspect a ground problem. Did you check the black ground wire in the saber harness? It's in the harness that plugs into the center port on the module.What about your connections at the truck/head light adapters? Did you check them for corrosion?
  3. plowman2

plowman2 Member

nite saber help

yes I did check the grounds. I did have a problem with the drivers side plug in harness running from the factory harness to the stock headlights one of the pins was corroded off. Replace the harness with the one I had left over from my 2000 Ram. Does anyone know if the 2000 Ram adapter kit is the same as a 2003 adapter kit? I thought I checked the wires going into each plug to make sure they were the same and where they plugged into the module. Could this be the problem?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That could be your problem right there.The 2000 uses different adapters than the '03.The 2000 uses part# 07106 and the '03 is part# 07102.
  5. plowman2

plowman2 Member

thanks for all the help

thanks for all your help I did speak to a tech at my local meyer dealer today and he told me that they both took the same adapters for the 2000 and the 2003. I agree with you that they are not the same adapters and I will try getting a new adaptor set. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks again.
  6. Whip

Whip Member

wow-I don't know who this guy is you were talking to but I wonder if he's the same that couldn't answer someone else's problem correctly that was posted here.
    I just wanted to confirm B&B's answer on the adapter. If you have the 9007 bulbs, you need the 07102.
  7. akgloomis

akgloomis Junior Member

99-02 Dodges used a 9004 bulb which requires a 07106 adapter, 03-04 used a 9007 bulb which requires a 07102 adapter.
  8. plowman2

plowman2 Member

lights fixed

Well it was the adapter kit. The tech at my local dealer was wrong and didn't know what he was talking about when he said the 2000 Ram was the same as the 2003. While I was at it replaced the bulbs in the night sabers with the silverstars what a difference wow.Guys thanks alot for all your help and input. By the way same dealer took three days to get me the right adapter set from their other store 30 miles away.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:) Good to hear it's fixed! It's a shame that some of these so called Meyer dealer's don't know squat about some of the problems/issues guy's have been posting about lately. It used to be that you had to actually know about the equipment you were selling AND servicing to be an authorized dealer.I guess it doesn't matter anymore, seem's like now the main thing to some of these dealers is just to get as much product out the door as possible.Even if they don't know anything about what their selling. Now I'm sure there's still plenty of top notch Meyer dealers out there, it's just up to us to spread the word when we find one.
  10. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

B&B ~ to a certain degree you are correct. There are too many places selling Meyer parts that are not Meyer dealers or even "Authorized Sub-Dealers". Most of these places just buy their Meyer parts from an Authorized Dealer at a discount and resell them and they advertise/promote themselves as "Autorized Dealers".

These same people would rather sell you aftermarket parts instead of Genuine Meyer Parts if they could just because of profit margins. When it comes to certain parts such as adapter harnesses, they have no choice but to buy Genuine Meyer Parts. BTW, adapter harnesses are fairly easy to identify once the vehicle headlight bulb is known......page 31 in the Meyer Application Guide. Heck, even I can figure it out!!

Being a Meyer dealer since 1974, we try to sell 100% Genuine Meyer Replacement Parts. To compete with the aftermarket parts we typically will offer our customer's discounts on most parts. During the Winter months just about every auto parts store in my area will carry aftermarket parts such as hoses, fittings, shoes, oil, etc. Only problem is these same stores have no clue how to repair a pump or plow let alone trouble shoot a problem.

As most of you know, certain Genuine Meyer Parts can be expensive compared to the aftermarket sources, especially when sold at suggested list price. The Angelos and CPW's of the world do a great job and they are tough to compete against at times. But in emergency situations, most people do not have time to wait for the parts and they need them now. We have always tried to be customer service oriented and can typically get a customer up and running again very quick depending on their problem.

What upsets me are the dealers that have their normal parts prices and then they have the so-called "Snow Prices". I don't know how they get away with it and keep a customer base.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look's like we found one!:) Congrats babe!
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007