1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help newbie ? shoes or no shoes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grubenator, Jan 3, 2005.

1. grubenator

grubenator Junior Member
    from wi,mn

help me please i have a new boss v-plow 8'2" and on black top or concrete do i use my plow shoes?
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I've never used shoes, they are the first thing off when I buy a plow. I currently run a Fisher 8.5 V.
  3. drplow

drplow Senior Member

use them

well, they are there for a reason. i have always used them and they help out alot. now on the other hand, my brother took them off his and what a mess. it seemed that his plow grabbed every crack and alot of sod. i set mine so the plow blade is 1/8" off the pavement.
  4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

it really depends on the conditions of the surfaces you plow, I can run no shoes and I know of the 2 spots in the 5 or so parkinglots that catch the plow and make it trip a bit. They are concrete and blacktop parkinglots that are well maintained.

sometimes if I plow a unfamiliar surface I wish I had the shoes on, I just take it nice and easy in situations like that.
  5. grubenator

grubenator Junior Member
    from wi,mn

more info

thanks guys i have mostly new lots that are maintained but some have speed bumps and how many washers would it take for a 1/8 in the boss dealer set it at like 4 washers ?
  6. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Keep the shoes on but,set them to be about 1/8 inch above blade,this way you can back drag a driveway and get most of the snow,at1/8" the snow you pull will grab snow on the ground,the drive should be clean. Follow??? :p
  7. grubenator

grubenator Junior Member
    from wi,mn

learning more

hey thanks so much all of you have been helpfull,