1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help New Smarthitch2 Wont Fit!!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by powerstrokeplow, Nov 29, 2006.

1. powerstrokeplow

powerstrokeplow Junior Member
    from mn.

I Have A 2004 F350 Crew Cab. Purchased Boss V Plow With Mount.
    Tried To Install The Boss Mount. The Brace For The Blocker Beam Is Obstructing The Plow Bracket From Being Able To Bolt On. Seems Like The Mount Is Made For A Coil Spring Model. My Leaf Spring Mounts Also Hold The Blockerbeam Directly Behind The Bumper Mount. Any Suggestions Welcome.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First check the part no. on the under carriage to be sure you have the right mount. For an 04' SD it should be LTA03654C. Here's a pic of it....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  3. snoking

snoking Senior Member

if its the beam with three bolts on each side you are supposed to take it off. it the air bag bar, your plow bracket replaces it and does the same thing

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, what they said! :D ^^^^^^^^^^^

5. kevinwebster1

kevinwebster1 Member

yup exactly, that bar to to be removed and the plow brackets go in place. my bumper bar is sittin out from of my house right now!