1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help needed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by whump, Jul 2, 2009.

1. whump

whump Junior Member

was given a 02 fisher min mount plow(7'-5" blade). its a 2 plug system? its off a 02 gmc 1500 4x4. i want to put it on a 04 ram 2500 if possible for the shortest coin possible. i have all parts from the 02 gmc. i know i will need wiring harness etc. i fisrt want to be able to mount it to my truck, i can then come along the plow off the ground and bring it to a plow place for elec work. can anyone guide me in the right direction? what im learning sofar is that it does not seem like a simple process. also can i re-work the chevy push plates? i can weld and have acess to alot of weld equip. thank u for your time btw i just plan on using it for driveways ,nothing commerical

2. whump

whump Junior Member

ps. where do i start

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would look for a set of push plates that fit. They're not wicked expensive new, but of course not cheap. Look through Craigslist for a used set, and you can sell yours to offset most of the cost. You might find a used plow guy that has a set and would take yours in trade.

4. whump

whump Junior Member

good idea, never thought of trade or selling old ones. thanks. i figure if i start this mess now maybe i wont be shoveling this winter

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I see you're in Mass. Check out Unclehenrys.com too. There's a ton of guys buying and selling used Fishers in southern Maine.

6. whump

whump Junior Member

will do, thanks