1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help needed with fisher wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ram_tough2001, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

hey everyone. i just brought home my fisher plow today. well the wiring i had was working fine, but i couldnt get the lights to work so the lights were either blown or the harness was bad. i had an extra 2 plug harness kicking around so i wired it in and now the plow doesnt work at all...any help would be appreciated. thanks.

all the rest of the plow was working fine. just the high and low beams werent working. again any help is appreciated.

its on a 2001 dodge ram 1500 with an 8' fisher 2 plug sehp setup.
  2. Proplower85

Proplower85 Junior Member
    from NH

Do you have power at the control box? I would go to the fisher website and look at the wiring Schematic for it for a reference make sure you have every wire hooked up right. Use a test light and make sure your power is good and check your relays as well and make sure every wire is connected to the right spot ETC.. run down a diag list on the setup. Hope this helps.
    Here is a link to get you started....http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/22372_050098.pdf
  3. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

thanks for the help.. i actually figured it out on my own for the most part. the solenoid was bad so i switched it out and is working fine now. as for the light situation..... 94-97,98 rams had 2 relays for the 2 plug system and 98,99-01 rams had 4 relays for the 2 plug system. so i have to go spend an additional 135 at my local fisher dealer and get the correct headlight harness. oh well...