1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

*Help Needed v-max 8500*

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by bankroll, Oct 23, 2010.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

Good morning fellas,

I am seeking your help and suggestions with my vmax 8500, I am missing the top screen (that filters out the large chunks) and the 100 amp reset-able breaker. What material and ideas would you use to fabricate the top screen and also any suggestions on where to find a 100 amp reset-able breaker or should I just use a 100 amp fuse? I am located in the Toronto area and I really appreciate the help!

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Steel would be nice to make a top screen, you have to paint it every couple years but aluminum corrodes so you don't want that, I'd say steel or just forget about it. My conteactors don't have the top gate.

3. bankroll

bankroll Member

I would perfer the top screen because the salt dealers sell me clumpy batches!! Any idea on crusher screen to use and where to find it??

4. ajslands

Order one from snow ex. I'm sure you could find something in a scrap yard.

5. bankroll

bankroll Member

can I deal with sno-ex personally? my dealer wants $800 for the screen! how can i contact them directly??

6. ajslands

Google trynex or snowed and find contact and call them.

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Try to find a local metal supplier. They will have metal mesh which you can cut and fit yourself. while you are at it try pricing some stainless mesh.....

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

It is 2 separate pieces one reason so expensive....800.00 is too much although the 2 are pricey but not that much

Jim