1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nickv13412, Aug 13, 2008.

1. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

1997 f350 Powerstroke. Went to start it up tonight and it wouldnt. batteries had plenty of juice and solenoid was clicking...do you think the starter is seized? I tried tapping on it but it didnt do anything. Had been working fine up until now. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I would check batt voltage then make sure there is power at the starter when key is turned. Just because the you hear clicking dosen't mean it not bad. I had that happen once. The check the starter. Good luck

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Check and clean all your connections. Most part stores can check the starter for free. Make sure you are getting power to the starter side of the solenoid.

4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

thanks guys

pulled the starter, it was bad, got a new one at no cost cause i had a lifetime warranty, put it in, and the trucks back on the streets...had to do this all in the parking lot of the local park where it wouldnt start last night after basketball :)