1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed locating wiring harness... warly ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by xjoedirt55x, Jan 11, 2016.

1. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

Truck: 2003 chev silverado 2500hd w/drl
    Plow: ultramount 12 pin relay style

My lights are all out of wack. For the past couple years I have replaced relays, wires and been battling lighting issues on this setup. I am looking for something truck side and plow side to just replace all of my lighting wires.

If you or anybody you know has something lightly used that would fit the bill lets talk. If you can reference me some part numbers so I can look the tight stuff up I would greatly appreciate it.

I also dont care of I need to switch to a different style, and if I need to splice wires or something to make it work, I can live with it

Thanks, joe

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to tell us what kind of plow you have. Straight blade or V?

As unpopular as it is I would recommend upgrading to the three port isolation module system but it would cost about $1000 for the parts if you go new. However, whey your done your truck will be wired and ready to run a newer generation three plug plow. The newest system is the multiplex two plug but that is not an option for you if you have a relay system now.

Assuming you have an old two plug relay system you would need two harnesses for your plow and then the full deal for your truck minus the motor relay, battery cable and relay to grill motor power cable. You would also need an isolation module but your 6 pin controller will be OK with the new wiring.

Perhaps someone here can fix you up with some used parts for this option.....

Look at this link to the electrical parts poster. All you need is listed, just look at the 3 plug, 3 port isolation module system.
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/29013.04_110109_for_Web.pdf

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. xjoedirt55x

I am running a straight blade.

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

How good are your wiring skills?

You have two options here.

I can give you a wiring diagram and if you put a set of toggle switches, you can keep what you have and run your lights on cab mounted switches. Cost you a bit of time, but out of pocket expenses are very minimal.

OR

As Nick said to upgrade is some money. I have (2) truck side - (3) plug iso modules with HB 3/4 connections (both are missing plow control harness). I also have the lighting and plow control - plow side harnesses to connect to your existing plow. But again, if your wiring skills are not great, you would be better off buying pre packaged headlights as you will have to use a diagram and ohm pins out to make proper connections as these are take offs of plows that I have bought and converted back to "1st generation ultramounts" (2 plugs) like you currently have.

5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

6. xjoedirt55x

Thank you guys for the responses. If you have some sort of schematic I could look at that would be great. My wiring skills and understanding of electric components is probably above average so it is worth looking at. I am not really looking to shell out an arm and a leg right now as I am doing a co-op for school/work and cash flow is not quite where I am comfortable right now. I am hoping to get more equipment over the next couple years and when I get more, I will see what best fits my needs for having "universal" equipment, maybe something like the fleet flex.

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member