1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed getting Blizzard lights to work on F350

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by KCGman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. KCGman

KCGman Junior Member

I have a 2003 f-350 Larriat and I can't for the life of me get the lights to work on the light bar. I purchased the plow used and bought the Blizzard adapter appropriate for my truck. I have the older controller that has the switches rather than the joystick. I have swapped relays around so I don't think that is the problem. Out of the controller there is the small secondary harness with one light green wire. It plugs into the main harness portion which has a black and a green/yellow wire. This does not make since. My truck headlights are coming on when I turn the truck light switch on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have pulled out all of my hair. I can send pictures if needed. I’m not prepared to take it in for $125/ hour diagnostic.
    Thanks

2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Does the controller have a light switch on it? My 99 810 had a seperate switch for the plow lights. I had to modify the new harness to make the old controller work. You will have to ad a switch to the little 2 wire plug and ground the black wire. I will have to look at mine tomorrow to see what i did with the other wire.

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Tony, from his description, I think he has an 02 or so controller, so his should already have a rocker switch in the side to switch b/w truck/plow lights by triggering the relays. Sounds like he may not have a match on controller and harness. Add a black wire to the controller side 2 pin molex and plug that into the light switch rocker.

I'm not convinced that this is the only issue though, as the controller has a black ground that should have already been to the light switch rocker.

Th UC and light selector guide, as well as the wiring diagrams can be found as pdf's on blizzardplows.com under technical.
    Lots of unanswered questions, are the driving lights properly tapped into with grey wire and working on the plow light bar, how many relays, how do you know they are working?

(Post pic of all hair pulled out):p

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. frankieavalanch

frankieavalanch Junior Member
    from canada

I have a 760lt blizzard plow that was installed on a 2005 chev 4x4 silverado Its now installed on a 2011 gmc 2500 HD my problem is the headlight wiring harness does not fit my new truck the harness has 4 relays any help would be apprecated many thanks

5. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

If it the older stlye where the light tower goes on seperately than the plow I had a ground issue with it, I added a seperate wire from the truck and ground a small area off the light frame and ran a bolt through it with a wire I could hook up to my seperate ground wire from the truck and had no issues since.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Make sure your left and right parking light wires are connect to the plow harness. They power the relays

7. frankieavalanch

from canada

thankyou PlowKing
    I will be hooking up the light wiring today had to buy 3 seperate adapter kits, extra relay kit to seperate the high beams from the low beams headlights.The connections are also different from 2005 chev to 2011 silverado. Also relay kit for singals&park lights.Alltogether I will have 8 relays.I will let you know if everything works

8. frankieavalanch

from canada

finished wiring for lights last night as i stated earlier i modified a 2005 silverado 760lt blizzard to fit a 2011 gmc 2500. I am a welder so it took quite abit of mods to make undercarriage mount fit,but after a few tries i got it to work great .The wiring for the lights was a bit of research but with the help of this site and the help from other members i used the 2005 light harness with the following adapter kits=h13 to hb-3&h11 light conversin kit,relay kit with 2 more relays 29453,and park/turn relay supplementarykit 29279. The instructions in these kits make it fairly easy.Everything worked great first try .The only problem i had was when i shut the ingnition off with the plow lights on only the right side stayed on momentarily so i have to go over the instructions in the 29453 relay kit.I enjoyed doing this but would not have been possible without this site .Our blizzard dealer only sold plows for 2 years and the closest dealer is over 350 miles away phone calls got me know where execept long distance charges. The dealers want to make money thats why they sell plows so what i was doing wasen,t going to give them much profit but anyway if i can help anyone out there just post and i will answer your questions .When i take off the undercarrige in the spring i will take pic.s if anyone would like them just shout. Agian many thanks to the fellow members for there help and the site for the research