1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed-2001 Dodge Meyer wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by NPMinc, Dec 2, 2010.

1. I recently added to the fleet a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT with an older Meyer setup on it. The guy I bought it from never had the plow lights hooked up as he only used it on his own driveway. I took it to my regular mechanic (who is not really familiar with Meyer, they sell another brand), and after messing with it for a few hours, and a few phone calls later was informed about the positve ground etc. He was also told that I would need to buy Nite Saber lights to work with this truck. Is this true? I was under impression a light assembly is a light assembly as long the proper adaptor kit was used.

Can someone shed some light on this for me and help me with any information regarding part numbers for a meyers headlight adaptor kit etc or any other information on specifics for setting it up for this vehicle. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated> Thanks and happy plowing!
  2. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

On mine i put a toggle switch in the truck and then ran a wire from the lights and a wire from the battery to the switch, also added the inline fuse. That was the quickest and cheapest way to do it
  3. Yeah thats what I ended up doing this morning. I used the harness for the turn signals n marker lights, n put the the headlights to a 3 way toggle-down for low, middle off, up for high beam. Now just have to turn on the marker lights at night when plowing so I have rear lights. Gotta love a cheap solution. Now all i need is snow because a 4 truck fleet sitting isn't helping the bank account any!