1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Needed - '03 Dodge 2500 HB5 Wire Harness Install

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by EGLC, Nov 13, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 4 port isolation module + this set of wires pictured. I was told they came off a '06 dodge 2500 and that they should work on my 2003 dodge 2500. Me and my buddy are perplexed reading westerns literature on the headlight install. We got the plow to raise/lower/etc all that is left is the head lights + signals.

Anyone know if I even have the right wire harness??? If so maybe I'm using the wrong wiring diagram from western??? (959 & 969)

Module # PN F 26400 and W 26385
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

doesnt the 06 have the same headlights as your 07?
    I think that is a different connection then the 03
  3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

here is what i have

plow wiring1.jpg

plow wiring 2.jpg

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

why dont you check those colors on your 2007... to see if they match up.
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm trying to get them to work on my 2003 and the 2007 is out right now working hahaa figured maybe someone on here could tell me since I have the bumper off the 03 as we speak
  6. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

I did the same thing on my 03. I had a newer plow that had been on a newer Dodge and the lighting connectors were all different. The harness to work with mine was almost another 100 bucks.

I took the schematic for the truck and for the plow and worked out a list of wires to cut and splice. Each wire on the truck was cut near the connection at the power distribution center. This left 2 wire ends with the same colors, so I distinguished between the 2 the short one to the connector plug (con instead of input) and the longer one that disappears into the rest of the wiring harness. (harn instead of output)

I did not see a park or turn signal output from the module, so I did not cut the wires. I just tapped into them.

PORT 3 Wires
    Left LO beam wire is WH/DG - con to YEL, harn to ORN
    Left HI beam wire is WH/LG - con to GRN, harn to RED
    Left turn is LG - connect to PUR
    Park is Pink/Violet - Connect to Brown

Port 4 Wires
    Right LO beam wire is WH/Tan - con to YEL, harn to ORN
    Right HI beam wire is WH/LB - con to GRN, harn to RED
    Right turn is LG/Tan - connect to PUR

Hope that makes sense and helps. Shoot me an email if you need further help. I have the wiring diagrams for both as well as my notes.

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

omg thank you!!!!
  8. papaMoose

papaMoose Junior Member

Send me a few bucks for shipping and I'll send you the connectors to plug and play, if its not too late. I hate cutting factory wires, and had the opposite problem you have, but kept the connectors.

feel free to email me, kennedyj@msoe.edu.

btw I'm located in the twin cities area MN
  9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

sent you an email!!