1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Need value of Toro snowblower

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dmw1022, Jun 14, 2010.

1. dmw1022

dmw1022 Junior Member

Hey - hoping someone can help me out. My grandfather gave me a 2003/2004? Toro 924 Powershift, with a softside cab, has been used maybe 5 times max, started up a month ago on the first pull. Anyone know how much I could sell it for? We have a Mule 2510 with a snowblade, so no use for the Toro. Would appreciate any help anyone can offer!
  2. leon

leon Senior Member

toro snow blower

The Toro 924 is a good snow blower and I would very strongly
    suggest you hold onto it as you will need it at some point
    and it is money in the bank as you have a snow blower you
    can use and it will work for a long time and if the mule breaks
    shoot it to put it out its misery and use the Toro as it has the
    traction assist.

A little fluid film or cheap cooking spray does wonders for
    making any snowblower work better without clogging.

Shut the fuel tank off and start it up to run the fuel out of it and then close the choke to run the gas out of the carburateur after that and just wheel it in a corner out of the way put half a box of moth balls in the auger housing and around the engine, pour a little seafoam in the gasoline tank and a little in the crankcase and put moth balls in and around the engine and gear box- just cover the engine with a big garbage bag until you need it.

just be sure to have a handfull of shear pins and a replacement belt set on hand and in a sealed plastic bag as the blower will have a belt that is 6-7 years old now and they break at the worst times. The blower and the belt will not go to waste and you will be prepared if the snow is very deep and heavy with a good snow blower or if you have to put the mule out of its misery.

I would not try sell it because someone will try to take advanatage oif you and that model is money in the bank for you anyway.

3. dmw1022

dmw1022 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice Leon, but I'd still like to know what I could possibly sell it for, even if the Mule breaks down, we've got other means of snow removal.
  4. leon

leon Senior Member

Toro 924

The problem is even though it is in mint condition
    you will never be offered what it is worth.

Thats is why I suggested you hold on to it as you
    can never have enough snow removal equipment.

When the blower was new it was retailing for over
    1100 dollars with out the wind breaker.
    I dought you will see half that because of its age.

You know what its been through and how little it
    was used but someone else does not and as it is
    out of warranty iits of little value.

The quality of the blower is with out question but it is
    worth little in a sale value because it is a seasonal item.

and if you offer it for sale the offers will be of little value period.

Hold on to it and you will never be sorry you kept it.