1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help: Need to get control cable replaced or repaired

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ding, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Ding

Ding Member

Looking for a very old control cable for a 70's era Fisher plow.

Part # 4316 or A4316.

This is a 90 inch control cable with a threaded cable housing end (7/16 x 20) on the control lever end, and a double grooved barrel on the other cable housing end. The cable itself is solid wire with swaged ends that fit over balls with the valve end drilled out on the end to allow the connector wire to pass through. This unit uses a Parker-Hannifin pump and valve with the large spring loaded caps that take a cotter pin to hold the cable housing in place in the second groove. The first groove holds an O-ring.

I am having a terrible time finding this cable or even parts to repair the one I have (the threaded barrel end is broken, otherwise the cable I have is fine).

Do you have ideas of where I might turn for help.
  2. Ding

Ding Member

I have determined that the control lever end is known as a quick disconnect ball joint.

Anybody know where to get these if I try to repair the cable?
  3. Ding

Ding Member

Please help if you can . . .

Here are pics of the good cable . . .

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  5. Ding

Ding Member

Never did find this cable . . .

So I cleaned up the broken cable housing end, threaded it back farther, cut down a coupling nut, and used it to couple the broken piece back on to the part still attached.

Works ok, so far.