1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Need To bid this job!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by S-10 Plower, Oct 10, 2004.

1. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Hi everyone,
    I just received a call for a commercial lot, This is the first one larger then a gas station that i have ever done. So I Need HELP bidding it.

The lot has 4 enterences off main roads, to large side walks totaling 4,035 SQFT, two main Isle ways totaling 13,100 SQFT, and parking totaling 33,350 SQFT.

What would you guy/Gals charge for this and how much Salt/Calcium chloride will i need to figure for. :confused:

Thanks for all your :help:

Mark :D
  2. S-10 Plower

ok i see that people are looking but no one has said anything anybody please!!
  3. rainair

rainair Senior Member

send a pic to me direct
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

S 10 call me on my cell and I will talk you through this,since I'm local I have a little better understanding of local pricing. They will most likely want you to provide them with a copy of your liability ins.
    These are some of the things you will need to think about,how long will it take you to clear the lot? Where do you push the snow and stack it? How are you going to salt this lot? Tailgate spreader or vbox? bag salt is more dollars to you,but I have never seen a vbox in a S10. I do have a tailgate spreader for sale if you do need one. Is this a retail or a office lot,retail will need to be done more than a office that closes at 5:00 by that I'm talking about salting.
    How are you going to do the sidewalk? Thats a fair amount of work for one man. Do they want salt on the sidewalk also,if so you will need a walk behind spreader.$$$
    All of the above you need to think about,this job will take you some time to keep up and clean,since you are pushing snow with a S10 it will take you a little longer than a guy with a 8 foot blade. My cell is on from 9am to around midnight. Cell number 248 -431-6443
    Regards Mike
  5. S-10 Plower

thanks mike but they called me back and siad they will no longer need me to bid the job something came up. My guess is that some one low balled it and they took it. thanks anyways.

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about that. If something changes let me know and I will try to help you out with your bid.

Regards Mike