1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Need Quick Fix

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smokinspartan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. smokinspartan

smokinspartan Junior Member

i just went outside to hook my plow up. i got a 2 year old boss v-plow. i tried plugging the plow in, and the electric hook up that has all those silver pins in it, well one broke! now the plow doesnt move, it has power to the lights but nothing else. what shoudl i do?

2. big bird

big bird Senior Member

get a new plug

3. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

is pin totally broke off? sounds like your worst case ,,, try anything metal thats around size,,(finish nail?) to make a contact. you are going to need to replace harness asap.this is assuming you need to plow now, if not,,wait for boss dealer to open buy new plugs

4. smokinspartan

yeah the pin connector broke, here is a picture

PIC-0082.jpg

5. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Worst case is you find the wire and splice a jumper after you plug it together until you can get a new one.

6. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Try using a piece of aluminum foil to make the contact

7. smokinspartan

tried a nail. took the dremel cut it to size, crimped the connector on it. problem is, in the plastic harness, there is no wire visable or anything. just a slight small hole where the connector was. so i shoved the nail as far down as i could into the harness, dielectic greased it all, nothing. no power. this is horrible. how am i gonna get this fixed, im not that handy, i would never be able to change out the harness cord myself, do the boss service dealers make house calls?? being sunday, i cant get ahold of no one on the phone. only good thing, is i only plow my commerical buildings that i own, already lined up someone else to take care of that for me, otherwise i would be really screwed if i had contracts!

8. big bird

big bird Senior Member

welding rod will work Ive Benn down this road before :eek:

9. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

lol...that is two funny....

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you get it resolved?

Can you take a pic of the connector plug to show where the pin was that broke?

For everything to be dead except the headlights (correct right?) Then it either has to be the pin for the white/black wire for the Smart Hitch switch to operate the pump motor, or it has to be the brown ground wire for the solenoid grounds...

Now I'm assuming here that again when you said everything was dead exept the headlights, that you also tried the controller to see if the plow would respond...

If it wouldn't do anything, even through the controller, then I can guarantee you the pin that broke is for the solenoid grounds....

11. smokinspartan

Yes got it fixed. got some thick copper wire and shoved it deep into the harness, then lined it up. had to cut out a bit of the harness to expose a good connection. hooked it up, tried the switch on the plow, didnt work, tried the joystick inside the the cab, and it had power, jiggled it a bit, then the switch outside just work, raised the plow, and i was ready to go. got out in time to take care of my lots. i was worried the connection was gonna fail, but it works perfect. gonna take it in tomorrow and get fixed proper.