1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! need plow for superduty?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by traildogg, Nov 2, 2010.

1. traildogg

traildogg Junior Member

Hi im looking to buyt a new plow for my 2002 ford f250 superduty its an extended cab short box 4x4 with the auto transmission v10 engine and 3:73 gears and it does come with the snow plow suspension pkg, now what size and brand of plow would you recommend for general overall use of plowing roads parking lots long driveways etc.

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

You are going to get a many different responses as to which type/make/model of plow you should get. I like my Meyer Xpress mount because I split my time between plowing, checking sites and moving equipment and personnel.

You should be fine with an 8' blade. You always have the option of adding wings.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I think an 8 foot no smaller fords are pretty wide trucks. I am biased I am a western guy. I don't think the other brands are that bad either. Just like trucks they all have there advantages btu they all work.

4. traildogg

traildogg Junior Member

thanx for the quick reply guys, I use the truck for towing trailers as well and would like to get something that has easy quick disconnect and we have not discussed price what makes are the mid range brands in terms of price and which ones are the higher end expensive ones I think i will settle on the 8 foot plow seems like a popular size,

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

All the common brands pride themselves on an easy attach/detach (not that some still aren't easier than others) so going with the brand that has the best local dealer support is more important than attachment features. It doesn't matter how easy it is to attach/detach if it doesn't work and you can't get parts for it anyway.

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I would say Boss, but I also say Boss to anything.

Check out Bossplow.com and see if you have a dealer. It's an excellent plow for the money, one of the best on the market.

7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

We've found that with the Super Duties, you really need an 8 1/2' plow. The older trucks you could get away with an 8' plow on, but the SD is a bit bigger.

8. traildogg

traildogg Junior Member

ok i will keep that in mindjust hope it wont be too heavy so far im looking at fisher meyer boss and snow dogg any suggestions or comments :D

9. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I have had a 9-2 boss v on my last three 350s an 02 05 and 2010. I never thought it was to heavy again go with the plow that has the a place you can get at parts quick. I did have an 8 footer for a few months on my 02 and it was a little narrow when you would angle the blade and turn.

10. traildogg

traildogg Junior Member

Hi guys i just checked the sticker inside my door jam and it says i only got 4400lb springs up front will this be enough to run a 8 foot plow i thought it was higher huh!!! the boss plow dealer said they recommend 3400lb and over can anyone verify the minimum requrments with the other brands? :confused:

11. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

If you are serious about plowing, you want to upgrade to the X code springs rated at 6k for your truck, and you want an 8' 2" V if you go the Boss route.