1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help.. need pics of straight SD plow w/ wing kit installed

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Specifically the brackets.

No matter how i configure the brackets, it seems a nut/bolt will be hitting the plow ribs. I havnt yet drilled any holes, even though the book says exactly where to drill them b/c i know somethings off.

Ill attach photos here. Most boss directions and photos ive seen online have ONE bracket for each side. This kit has two, like a vblade wing kit. The instructions talk about both peices, "spring bracket" and bracket so i know its not like i have my parts mixed up from another wing kit sitting here.

Directions also say the spring/bolt should go in one of the top most holes in the wing itself... mounting the mounts where they specify ----19 1/2" or something from the bottom of the plow moldboard, that bolt is going in the bottom most hole, 4" away ?

This is a 9 foot super duty boss 2007 plow.

If i move the spring bracket 4" higher to the top of the main mount bracket, i dont think it will line up with the holes for the wing. email me bigger pics of your wing kit installed if you have any laying around, ramairfreak98ss@hotmail.com thanks!

DSC_1088s.jpg

DSC_1089s.jpg

DSC_1090s.jpg

DSC_1092s.jpg

2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Bracket

Hi! You are currently installing the Spring Pin Bracket (BAR09901) in the wrong set of holes in the Spring pin Base Plate (BAR09899). He will need to move it up to the two holes higher up on the bracket. This will eliminate the nut interference with the diagonal rib. In the Blade Wing Extension Option Kit Installation Guide (Page 3)...please refer to Figure 2 for a visual.

If you need any additional assistance, please give our Technical Service department at call at 906.776.3500. Thank you!

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Heres the finished pics!

Yeah i know, the drivers wing poly plate is backwards.. ill fix it later :p

Going to order a new cutting edge too just so i dont have to grind down the poly edges to be even with the plow.. i can reuse this edge thats still good later on other 9 foot straight blades

DSC_1099s.jpg

DSC_1104s.jpg