1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP - Need F150 Solenoid Mount Location

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowbie, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

1997 Ford F150 - Meyer E47 pump
    Can anyone suggest where to mount the solenoid?
    I know the whole thing needs to be fully grounded, right?
    Meaning just the screws going through it arent enough and the actual bottom of the solenoid should be making solid contact with ground, right?

If thats true than can anyone suggest where to put it on a '97 F150 (first year of the later body style)? I'm stuck. There's not much room at all and all the obvious spots to me would likely interfere with the hood closing. It's freezing and 1:30am so I'm gonna sleep on it. Maybe someone will have a good suggestion.

2. 4speed

4speed Member

I just used the mounting screws on mine. It'sworked fine for the last 5 years. If you need to you can run a wire to ground.
  3. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

you can run a ground wire but i have never had a prob with mine just by mounting them on the fender....mayebe you could mount yours in the grill support. can't remem off the top of my head where my buddy had his on a 97.
  4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

mounting it to a metal surface such as the fender or radiator support grounds it, no need to run a additional ground wire
  5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

On the F-150's i mount them on the firewall rext to the starter solenoid,tight fit but works good for me.
  6. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

i ended up putting it up around the top in front of the radiator although i'm not thrilled with it. i dremeled the paint off the area it was mounting to and checked it with a test light afterwards. its grounded for all its worth to be sure.

i can always move it later i guess. or maybe tonight, i'm anal!
    thanks for your replies!