1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help need diagram for Boss Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by karl klein, Mar 26, 2002.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

help need diagram for BOSS underhood power unit

i have a conventianal boss snow plow with the underhood hydralics and need a diagram for the power unit

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2002
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

"c" coil

what is the c coil and where is it located

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I sent you a PM. I do not know BOSS plows. Their's may not even be called a c valve. If you want me to I will edit the title of your post to make people aware you are looking for help regarding a BOSS pump. I think most of your responses now will be for a Meyer like the info I gave you.

4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Karl - To help make it easier to answer your question, is it possible to provide a bit more info? Any idea how old the unit is - a quick look at BOSS' website/service centre/technical information/power units/power unit history shows Monarch power units used from '81 to '84, and another make from '84 to '88.

Also, is the unit acting up and if so, what are the symptoms?

5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i am not able to get that page to load thow i can tell you it is a barnes pump and has 2 solanoids mounted on each side of the unit.

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

7. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

thats the one.
    i talked to my local boss dealer and i think i am going to try cleaning the valves first and then i will replace if neccasery.

thanks guys