1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP: Need airport Tarmac plowing Insurance

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by liquid lawn, Sep 25, 2011.

1. liquid lawn

liquid lawn Junior Member

HELP;
    I have the opportunity to bid a large National Guard Airport parking area and taxiways.
    The contract calls for no operations of snowplowing while the helicopters are on the ramp, this just leaves 500k square feet of wide open pavement.
    My current snowplowing insurance has threatened to drop me if I bid on this job and win. They claim it is too big of a risk.

Does anyone out there plow airports and if so, who do you have your insurance thru.

Need this info ASAP.

Thanks

Bruce
    Liquid Lawn Hydroseeding, llc
    603-344-6016

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

You a member of SIMA ? I know they have a couple members that do airports

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If they won't do it will they recommend someone who will?

Since you can't get PM's yet try here and anybody else.They deal in most States.

M&T Insurance Agency Inc.
    Karen Fial
    716-651-4212
    kfial@mandtinsurance.com

Just tell her Scott from Grandview

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  4. liquid lawn

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion.

I just joined SIMA.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go back and tell them granview sent you,you might get 50 bucks off your membership. or email Heather and tell her you got the referral from me.

6. liquid lawn

Will do Granview.
    Thanks

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't it against FAA rules to have any vehicle that has been on the road to be on a Tarmac due to salt residue and other road chemicals?
    Also that's a pretty big lot, I hope you have something besides a little skid ster.

8. liquid lawn

You are correct.
    I have to have dedicated equipment free of any dirt and salt residue.
    Looking at two mid sized front end loaders with 10 foot pusher boxes and one pickup with a plow for near the hangers.
    Have to start plowing ops when snow is 1/2 inch and must be kept clear.
    We only have to windrow the snow then the large (State Owned) airport snowblowers will be in to clear the windrows.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you can windrow, why are you using boxes?