1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! NBS with fishers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by harley hauler, Dec 4, 2007.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey guys, I need help from anyone running a new style Chevy with a fisher mm. I installed the wiring harness and push plates last night, problem number 1 when I plugged in to check that everything worked my headlights don't switch over to the plow, running lights 4 ways and turn signals work the headlights only switch when I turn the high beams on. Problem number 2 I cut out the lower valence where the tow hooks used to be, kept the cuts fairly tight I gave a little room, I just wanted it to look good, I go to hook up the cross member on the headgear between the two ears pushes the license plate which is attached to the valence which is in between the push plates back under the bumper:eek: So do I need to trim the bottom of valence under the plate or what? Help Please:cry::dizzy:
  2. harley hauler

WOW!! 23 views and not one reply!!!
  3. saabman

saabman Member
    from Maine

Earlier this year I installed a MM2 on a classic 1500. The MM2 headgear arms are quite a bit wider than the MM1 (this was an improvement to make mounting easier). Like you I wanted a neat and close tolerance cut to my valance. No dice, the "inside" (between) the push plates requires quite a bit more clearance. I modded the valance to have a symetric amount of clearance left and right.

As far as the headlights, do you have a DRL isolation module??

4. harley hauler

yes I do have the drl module
  5. harley hauler

Well after 69 views and 3 replies 2 of them being mine justed wanted to let everyone know that I stopped by the dealership today and looked at their new 2500 with a fisher, and low in behold their plate is pushed back the same way. Plus I followed what they recommended for cutting the valance, big mistake. The truck at the dealer, they only cut the bottom off rather than all the way to the tow hook pockets. I'm anal as to how things look so I'm ordering a new valance tomorrow. As for the plate it looks like I can notch the bottom of the plate bracket to clear. Oh and heres a pic of the truck!

View attachment 29129
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  6. big bird

big bird Senior Member

get over it cry baby :cry:
  7. RSheaLand

RSheaLand Member

try turning the wiring harness clip that plugs into the headlight harness upside down that solved the problem when they installed my plow
  8. bersh

bersh Senior Member

My local dealer had the same problem with a recent install on a NBS. He told me he "flipped the plug over" to fix it. Not exactly sure what that means, but it seems to match the post above.
  9. harley hauler

I'll give that a try in the a.m thanks for the info
  10. harley hauler

cry baby huh? is that what you did when your boy's in strips didn't make the play-offs? did you also shed some tears when the RED SOX won the series " CRY BABY"
  11. mee315

mee315 Junior Member

the plugs to my headlights were reversed. high beam to low and low to high and I was having problems. The male/female sockets are identical and not marked. Switched them around as advised by the guy that installed them for me. Headlights work perfectly; blinkers don't now!!!
    Will be going back to guy asap... i'd try the swapping of the plugs first...
  12. saber7

saber7 Junior Member

I have the same problem with my 04 avalanche only the high beam work.Did "flipping " the plug in work and if it did which plugs are you talking about?
  13. mee315

mee315 Junior Member

On my 06 Chevy I removed the headlights from the housing and the two wires that plug separately into the body, one for the high and one for the low, were reversed on my right side. That was causing the high beam to stay on and no low beam when the plow was hooked up. I just swapped those two connectors around and it works. The problem i find now is when I start my truck with the plow attached the lighting works fine including blinkers. If I mess with my auto headlamp switch in the cab, the blinkers and marker lights on the pow stop working completely. If I shut off the truck, open and close the door or wait for the timer to shut it down and restart the truck with my headlamp in the auto position, they work fine again. I'm guessing a relay??? I don't know yet still have to track it down. Anyone deal with this?