1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help my plow wont move

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by platinumpimps, Oct 27, 2008.

1. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

won't move at all. no lights even come on. It worked fine last year. I had trailer lights put on my truck over the summer. now it won't even show a light on my hand held. anyone???

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Time to take a look at all of your connections.

There will be a power wire for your controller (make sure it is on)
    It's usually under the dash

Then open the hood and make sure the power+ wire going to your solenoid is hooked up and the ground. then look the fuses.

3. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

I already went through all the connections, still no luck. Thanks anyways.

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Still no clicking noise and every thing checks out then I would replace the solenoid.
    hold on,

Does your controller light up when you turn it on?
    If your controller is not hooked up to a power source it will not light up.
    It would light up even if the solenoid was bad.
    Fallow your controller back and find the wire that is sticking out of the loom, is it hooked up to a power source?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  5. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

it did the last time i hooked it up, but then when i would try to move it, the light went from green to red. but now i don't even get a light. i think it does run to a bigger free hanging fuse in the cab. now that i think about it, its probably just that damn fuse hey.?

6. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

It's worth a look..;)