1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help.... my doors wont open

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by iceyman, Oct 15, 2008.

1. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i have a extended cab and just realized that both of those doors that open up the other way are stuck closed..... tried with pretty good force to open it with no avail....any suggestions.... i kno its not major just a ***** is someone has to get in the back.. thanks

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Is that 99 Dodge 2500?

It could be rust latch stuck. What last time you open? Maybe try spray fluid film on latch on cab where latch catch it.

Is that one have snowplow?

I been heard that frame on dodge sightly flexible when lift plow that could cause door touch cab.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Ya its the dodge... plow hasn't been on it all summer so I don't kno why it all of a sudden wouldn't open... I need to pick up some ff asap

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Have it been hard to open before or it first time bam won't open? Is handle broke?

5. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have a ram 1500 where the back door wont open either? Is this something thats common?

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Theres a button behind the left tailight-push and hold it in for 20 secs and it will release. Another dumb Dodge innovation.

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Put the Dodge in the Garage....... L O L........

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

are you talkin bout if you open the tailgate? is it on the backside of the truck or towards the cab

and richg....tanks for nuttin:p

9. JohnnyRoyale

Behind the tailight. Remove the tailight, and you'll see it.

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ill check it out but i have a differnent bed on mine than most dodges....hope fullly that wont change anything

11. JohnnyRoyale

Sprat it with FF before you push down on it. It may sieze and not release. Good luck.

12. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

yea it's a common dodge problem, it happened to my 2001 dodge ram 1500 last year, i had to go in through the inside ( pulled door panel off it slides forward, then just pb blasted it and worked it until it came loose, whole lock mechanism locked up. it's a huge pain in the ass took me the better part of the day. good luck.

13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thanks for the encouraging words..lol ... the truck should be back to my shop in a couple of hours... hopefully it releases it

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Same hear Happened to me on my 98 and the rod came off also.
    Be care full pulling the door panel off it was a pain in the azz..

There is no magic button on your 99... he sent you on a wild goose hunt..

I have been in side the door also there is no solenoid or hidden release other that the two handles.;)

P.s.Your frame is not flexing ether....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i tried to take the tailight off but couldnt find any button/////>? SF wat do i have to do

16. NorthernSvc's

there is no button, u gotta get at the locking mechanisms from the inside, trust me i tried from outside, and only removing latch on outside of door, and spraying in, wont work u gotta get in there and work the latches from the interior

17. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i gotta take the door panel off the interior of the ext door?

18. NorthernSvc's

your talking about the 2 side doors behind the mian doors for the quad cab right? if so then yes, lift your seat up in the back of the cab and unscrew all the screws then u gotta work the interior shell forward untill it's off ( like if you were gonna replace the speakers) then in my case i had to cut the plastic and get in there with pb blaster and a screwdriver and just chiseled and wedged and sprayed until it moved, then opened door and replaced locking mechanisms.

19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

sounds like a biatch:realmad:

20. NorthernSvc's

yea better part of the day, most of it procrastinating about having to clean the inside of the truck and then take of interior skin ( i spent morning just trying to spray pb blaster in door and pulling up on the cable.... trust me it doesn't work)