1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help my Dodge spring up !

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Big Man, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Big Man

Big Man Junior Member

Hi, Big Man, here new to the forum. I own a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 w/
    reg. cab, 8' box, 5.9 360 gas eng. I just bought a used Fischer Minute Mount
    set up, it has a belt driven hydraulic system. After installation on my truck &
    plowing with it, I find that when I lift the blade the front end drops about 6".
    What I need to know is if front coil springs from a 3/4 ton 4x4 w/gas eng.
    will fit my 1/2 ton truck and what the Mopar part # would be. I have already been to my local Dodge dealer and they have no clue as how to check for fit or a weight rating for different coils.
    I have been plowing snow for over 30 years and I pride myself on doing a job to my satisfaction, so I know it is a job my customers will be happy with.
    At one time I had a 35 customer route with both residential and commercial
    plowing (I was young and did'nt know any better HA-HA), now i do only
    driveways for 12 customers.
    I have always owned MOPARS either cars (muscle cars) or Dodge trucks
    and probably always will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Groove

Groove Junior Member
    from Boston

Visiting the Skyjacker web site and looking at the part numbers for the 1500 and 2500, they might be the same size. Give them a call to confirm. If you want to know the factory spring rates, the trucks shipped with a sticker wrapped around the top of the coil. The number and spring rates can be looked up here: http://dodgeram.org/tech/specs/springs.htm

3. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Check under Dodge Trucks in this forum. There is alot on springs.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What ever you do forget the skyjacker springs or any spring from a lift kit,

There is a thread, well a couple of them on this subject. if you have any questions just pm me or post in the Dodge section..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

What about Timbrens? Or airbags? You put a lot bigger rated springs on it, the truck may ride front high all the time.
    Maybe you have way too much plow for the truck's weight rating?

6. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

i am pretty sure that they will fit. There is alot of info in the dodge froum though check there. You have alot of options when you step up in coils between the regualr coils deisel coils ect.
    Evan

7. urhstry

urhstry Junior Member

You may want to try the pages at ramchargercentral.com for help with your truck. They seem to have been there - done that.