1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!!! MVP Controller went for a crap!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sonicblue2003, Jan 19, 2009.

1. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

2003 MVP cab command 6 button controller wanted... I need to know where to get one ASAP.. I'm in Ontario... Windsor area... HELP!!!!

2. sonicblue2003

Ok heres what happened.. maybe this will shed some light as to what the problem is..
    For the last month or so the controller has shut off unexpectedly.. sometimes everytime you push "down" and sometimes it would be fine for hours... Yesterday it started moving all on its own.. As I would be going along in float.. the plow would start to raise with out me pushing anything.. then the right wing started going in and out on its own.. went into VEE position and stopped all together and the pump would not shut off at all.but nothing would work.
    If I unplug the controller from under the dash ,the pump stops.I've checked my wires leading out of the grill.. I've double checked the plugs and connections. Like I said for a while it would be intermittent and then it had a mind of its own... The controller is the older style with the push and hold mode button... Was there an issue with these units in the past that I should be aware of and will the new updated controller work with this without any problems?? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

3. sonicblue2003

I fixed the problem ,it was the grill plug.
    I did get a new controller in(9button) and it won"t even work with this plow so I'm back to using the old 6 button that shuts off intermittently. Is there something I need to change to get it to work??? I have a pile of money sitting here in this nice white box that is completely useless to me.. Please help!