1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help mounting plow to truck

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Easy, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I removed my Sno-pro 3000 yesterday to take my truck for an oil change. I went out this morning to plow, and can not get the plow back on the truck. The safety arms will not raise up so I can engage the pins. I tried lifting, lowering, ramming it into snow piles, anything I could think of. Any suggestions?? It is sitting on a concrete floor, but when I try to "hit" it to engage the arms, all it does is push the plow, no matter what height I have the leg set to. The arms rotate when not engaged.
    Help!!
    Thanks
    Don

2. dbreault

dbreault Member

I would make sure that the "snap-lock" handles are in the "up" position and that jack is adjusted to the right height of the truck. To adjust the jack you can pull up to the plow, plug it in and adjust the height. Give us a call here if you need to. 1-800-343-7676 :confused:

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Having done this myself :realmad:
    the plow is too low
    get a jack under the plow and raise it up a bit so the arms line up.
    sometimes the switch will raise it, sometimes it won't do boo (and i have no idea why this is)
    i just roll a jack under it and get ti match up.

4. Easy

Easy Senior Member

Thats exactly what it was. I never had a problem before, drove off it, drove back on it. Jamie at Curtis tech support told me to check that, and now I am back in business.
    Thanks
    Don

5. cbelawn

cbelawn Member

i had this problom

all the time, i put a 6x6 under the lift jack before i raise it. i think the truck is jut a little too high.

6. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I bought my plow last year and was having the same problem. I knew i was doing something wrong and it took me a while too figure out? After lowering the blade and the jack stand make sure the hydrolic piston is completly pushed down even if you have to do it manually. You will never have a bit of a problem after that. I used to wrestle with it for 10 or 15 minutes know it takes me 30 seconds to hook it up.

mak.

7. makplow

makplow Senior Member

if you have any questions don't be afraid to pm me?

Mak.

8. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

what piston? My plow is a ***** to get on and off. I have to use my legs to push the levers back and i have to kick the pins to get them into the locked position. Moving the jack stand up or down helps minimally.:cool:

9. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Sorry i couldn't't get back sooner! I Know how frustrated you must be because i felt the same way. I buy a plow that is suppose to take a minute too hitch and run and it was taking ten too fifteen minutes?? I said there is something wrong with this picture?

I lower my plow down onto 2x4 blocks so the cutting edge don't get frozen in ice, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? I would lower my plow down all the way then UN hook and back away with no problem , but when ever I drove in too remount i would have problems? I noticed my chain was real taunt and the cylinder was not all the way depressed so i started manually pushing down the hydraulic cylinder by hand and it loosened up the chain so when i went too remount the next time the pins locked in nice and smooth!! Ever since then i have had no trouble! I think it might just need too adjust the chain a couple of links, but I have no problem with that because i feel comfortable with the hight of the plow when i have it up all the way. So i don't mind going out and just pushing the cylinder down by hand. If any Any has another suggestion i would be glad to hear from then though!.

Mak.

10. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

difficult plow

we sell curtis plows evrey thing has to be perfect was this plow on this truck origonally? the upright tower that the lights and arm are mounted on have to be set in the right adjustment holes for height,ther ar a set of three holes. also when you set the lift chain you have to have a little bit of slack in it. mount height is critical.

11. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Thanks wild bill, I figured the chain has too have slack that was my problem, before it was real tight after i set the plow down then lowered the jack stand.

Mak.

12. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

been there..done that :blush2:

13. dbreault

dbreault Member

Usually when we remove our plow from the truck we give the chain a little push/tug to take a little preload off of the truck. This will often times give you a little play in the system when mounting it the next time. I assure you, my wife can take the plow on/off the truck quickly and she is niether very mechanical nor knows how to plow!