1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP////Mounting Older Meyer plow on 06 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rccooke, Oct 17, 2009.

1. rccooke

rccooke Junior Member

Does anyone know of a site that sells plow mounts? Controls & parts? Lights & wire harness's? I've a Meyer 7.5 plow w/E-47 pump and need mounts to adapt/install it to my 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4. I have no clue what exactly I'm looking for either. I'd like something for easy install/removal of the blade setup. Any help would definitely be great! I know I need controls for this thing and I'm assuming I can probably construct my own with some toggle switches, bracket & a solenoid? Some pictures of the plow and what all I've got with it are here: http://www.fairpoint.net/~rccooke/images/plow/ Any help with getting this thing together and working on my vehicle would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use the Meyer link at the top of the page. Use the EZ match and it will help you find all the part numbers you need to make that work.

IMO you would be better off walking away and findinf somethng better suited for your truck. About all you can use form that pile is the blade and maybe the pump.
    Buying new parts you are going to need to spend $2 k for just the parts and still will have a cobbed togeather set up that will not be anything near as easy to remove as the newer set ups. .
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I agree with Basher. Take all the money that you would spend on parts, sell what you have, and buy a plow that's meant for that truck. You'll be much happier with newer equipment.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

the other thing to remember is how will that look on the front of your nice 06 truck.
  6. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

7. rccooke

rccooke Junior Member

Whewwwww Thanks All!

Thanks everyone for all the pointers....I've got $150 in what you see in the pictures and I thought that just maybe the stuff needed to get this all working on my vehicle would be do-able sure sounds as though it really isn't going to be the cheapest solution....I've been told I might get like $500-600 out of this on craigslist to someone with the right older vehicle. I've tried & know the pump and cylinders work and that the plow has no cracks or rust other than spotty surface stuff. Anyway thanks again!