1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help, mounting frame for XJ???

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by snowfire, Feb 6, 2010.

1. snowfire

snowfire Junior Member

Just bought a snoway MDT for a song, went to look at a salter I found on Craigslist and ended up with a plow...Gonna turn my commuter into a driveway rig.

Anyway, plow came with everything except for mount, anyone know where I can find one for an 01 XJ?

Help a noob out....

Thx

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I dont think they ever made a mount for a XJ.

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Nope, no mount to best of my knowledge I think you might if your talented be able to fab something up but its not ideal for the uni-body xj... should have just bought the salter !!!!!!

4. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

If it's a 3-point mount, maybe you can adapt an ST or MT XJ truck-side mount.

Fran

5. pottord

pottord Junior Member

I picked up some 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 square tube receiver hitch stuff and 5/8 plate. I fish platted the frame near the front and welded the tube to it just like a receiver hitch. Put a piece of 2 1/2 between then right under the front cross member with triangles welded up to the fish plates. Then I made an A frame to mate in the tubes just like a receiver insert 2 x 2 sqare tube. (I had this so it is not included in the cost.) During the off season I can remove the A frame and only the tube ends are visible. I also put a receiver hitch in the center as well in case I would want to drive some thing in with it instead of backing it. The hitch pins for the plow mount right to the 2 1/2 inch cross member. I have already moved all the snow so far this year with no problems, so far about 50 inches of snow with one dump of 21 inches. I spent about $150 on the entire mount process. (wiring/plugs/steel/pins) xysport

6. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Lets see some pics !

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have a 99100345 New in box I think. Call Kim at the number below between 8-3 EST.