1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP ! motors running blade not moving, model 3000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Danhoe, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Danhoe

Danhoe Senior Member

Well it is 5* and my blade won't raise, I am almost sure that a solonoid is bad. Can I use a solonoid from the kickstand to get me going again?

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I had this same problem with a fisher a few weeks ago. I pulled off the coils, then pulled out the cartridges and there was a little metal shaving caught in one of the holes on the cartridge. When I pulled out the metal shaving, the cartridge clicked. I would pull all that apart and check everything over and make sure all the cartridges are operating ok. Also, check the filter for clogging, and check the fluid level. Does the plow angle?

3. Danhoe

Danhoe Senior Member

The blade doesn't angle. The fluid level is good. There are no cartridges on a Curtis blade. Got any other ideas....still looking for the problem....

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

?

it dosent leak any does it ,we found the lift lower valve blew appart on one in the shop the other day !

5. Danhoe

Danhoe Senior Member

no leaks

Just came home I have some bad solenoids, I got it to go up by hooking the wire to the right function & to lower the blade I use the raise function, went & did a driveway, it makes you think about what you are doing. Any heavy equupment operators will know what I am talking about. danhoe

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

and its ***** to change i cant wait till i switch truck or get a western ultra mount

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If your interested I have a complete used pump available $275 + Shipping

Jay

508 753 6617

jphanratty@charter.net