1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP!! Meyer mini spreader! Wiring Problem

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by duallyboy05, Dec 4, 2007.

1. duallyboy05

duallyboy05 Junior Member

Hi. Let me first say I have just found the site of all sites. I had no idea that a great site like this even existed. I have a Meyer Mini Spreader Pt.# 3600 that I bought as a basket case in a very large box. My question is about the motor of this thing. It is a Bosch 48544-20-MO48HM 12volt motor and the wiring terminals on the bottom are marked with a {1} and a {2} and not with a [pos] or [neg]. Please if someone can tell me which one is + or - , I would be so grateful. Thanks

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I'm not 100% sure with out researching, Just hook them up and see what happens,
    if its wired backwards it should spend backwards

3. duallyboy05

Thanks, I'll try that.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

"2" is positive

"1" is negative.

But C&C's method will work too... :nod:

5. duallyboy05

Thanks for the info, B&B

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help db.

After you get it hooked up be sure to turn it on and look in the hopper to make sure the auger is spinning the correct way....as it's a little hard to look after you fill it with salt and discover it doesn't want to flow out. :eek:

It should spin counter clockwise looking at it in the hopper.

7. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

polarity.........one turns makes it turn counterclockwise the other clockwise........youll see

8. duallyboy05

Thanks for all your knowledge, guys. I do believe this wiring will be a cinch, now. I just wasn't sure and didn't want to "let the smoke out of the motor". Again, thanks for all your help..

9. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Thats the nice thing about those types of motors, they'll spin both ways & not burn up. They are used on a bunch of different applications (but we all know salt spreaders), which not everyone will need the motor to spin the same way. I've done the same thing, just run it after you hook the stuff up & you'll be alright. Now get out there & make some payup

Chris