1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help; Meyer E60

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by garyslawn, Feb 18, 2003.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

New E60; When angled all the way it will not come back. I have to disconnect the line and let the pressure off. Does not always happen. Thanks
  2. 68bullit

68bullit Member

im having the same problem with an old e47 pump.you angle it either way and it ONLY angles to the left.

checked for magnetizm at the coil,pulled valve out checked to ee if it moves etc,still nothing.

i hope you get a reply so i can fix mine as well
  3. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

What happens a lot of times is that the plow is worn out and now angles too far causing the rams to lock-up. This can be fixed by welding in stops so the plow cannot agle quite as far. If this does not help then replace the "C" valve.
  4. 68bullit

68bullit Member

i thought that same thing about the rams locking up.i tried to push up against something solid.(a big chev van) while angling it back the other way and nothing again.

now remembering when it screwed up that it didnt matter what direction i put the plow in(left or right)it still went left.

SCFALL Member

Something is wrong with the c valve or coil. I had a bad switch that was very interment and did the same thing took a while to find. Do a search the e 48 and e60 work the same and this has been covered many times here. GOOD LUCK Scott
  6. 68bullit

68bullit Member

i removed the c valve and inserted it in the c coil and jump tested it off the battery.it clicked so i figure itt was fine.i also looked at the or ings and such(like the book says)and everythinmg seemd fine.

it hard to take anywhere as the truck isnt on the road.thanks guys
  7. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Did you check to make sure you are getting voltage at the "c" coil ? You said it worked when you jumped to the battery , you may have a bad switch or wire . Just my $.02
  8. garyslawn

garyslawn Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

The angle cylinders hold high pressure, it must bleed off. Then it works fine. Is there a relief valve for angle?
  9. 68bullit

68bullit Member

i just went out and looked at it and the wire is pretty thin at the coil.i will replace it today but i also removed the c coil and see if they can test it.

i did notice the clip that holds the c valve together was not installed.maybe this is the problem?
  10. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

hey buddy check the couplers . my plow was doing the exact same thing an got new couplers an solved the problem .
  11. 68bullit

68bullit Member

the couplers that at the angle cylinders correct?
  12. Yard

Yard PlowSite.com Veteran

Ditto on the hose couplers. I had the same problem in a few years ago that I also thought was the c valve or the ram over extending. Turned out to be the couplers.
  13. 68bullit

68bullit Member

hey guys i replaced the c and b coils today(shop pretty far way-saves trip) and also brought the c valve with me.

i always had a tough time putting the coil on it so when i brought there they said it swelled up?WHAT SWELLED UP!

sure enough we looked at another valve and mine was thicker from swelling,they had a b valve in their junk pile and i took just the top portion and replaced it.

i brought it home,cleaned,reinstalled and WALA it worked for a minute.now the plow is locked into the right angle position rather than the left angle position.