1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP: Meyer E-60 Slams to Ground

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by elementalist03, Jan 4, 2010.

1. elementalist03

elementalist03 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Any ideas on why my E-60 slams to the ground! I have NO Drop Speed Screw to adjust on any of my 3 E-60 pumps! One of my pumps if you barely touch the down button it crashes violently to the ground (NOT good in the early AM). Could this be a bad A-Coil / Valve?

Thanks

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Is the adjustment screw missing. there is one the pump.

3. elementalist03

from NE Ohio

e-60 slams down

i may not be looking in right place. do i have to remove the PA block?

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

No it is in the front. if you are looking right at the a vavle it will right under it. just remove cap nut. and screw it in to slow it down.

5. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

When looking at the front of the pump, you will see two identical looking cap screws. The one on the lower right is a filter, the one on the upper left is the down adjustment. It is an 11/16 socket. remove the nut, and use an allen key to adjust the down speed. In your case, you need to turn it clockwise to slow it down. Adjust it with the lift cylinder fully depressed, then also put the cap back on BEFORE lifting and lowering. Repeat the process until it drops at a normal speed.

6. elementalist03

from NE Ohio

thanks

I'll try that. didn't know they hid the screw! LOL :nod:

7. jwkv

jwkv Member

I have to keep adjusting my screw. It works for a while nicely then starts dropping faster as time goes on. Reset the screw and its good again for a while.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the adjustment screw and dimple a section of the threads with a large pin punch. Doing so acts as a locking thread of sorts and assists the drop screw to stay where you want it. Been doing it for years to make up for the looseness in the factory design.

9. elementalist03

from NE Ohio

meyers E-60 slams to ground

Yup, that adjustment fixed it. after removing the cap, i fished around in there with an allan head and found the adjustment screw, after a few adjustments, it works great now!

10. elementalist03

from NE Ohio

thanks BB & everyone!

11. jwkv

jwkv Member

Excellent idea.. Thanks B&B!

12. macawpat

macawpat Member

Is this the same procedure for an E47 thanks.

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No there is no means to adjust the drop speed on the E47's sorry. They are what they are.

14. macawpat

macawpat Member

Ya thanks I should have read the other posts before I put one up. I found one other person who has the same problem and said non adjustable. Guess I kinda have it made. I can plow in the winter and use it as a jack hammer in the summer. Thanks again.

15. MILLSUPPLY

MILLSUPPLY Junior Member

I have developed an external lower adjustment screw for the E-60's. Check it out at http://www.plowpumpservice.com. Once you set it you will never have to readjust it.

16. plow face

plow face Junior Member
    from nj

what size allen screw to adjust down speed

17. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

You need a 3/16" allen wrench to adjust the drop screw.

18. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

How fast?

What is the normal drop speed? I have an 8' poly with an E60. This is my first snow plow and I just got it working. Angle and raising speeds seem to be ok but I have nothing to gauge that on. It don't seem to slam down and it stops when you release the button, just curious on drop speed I guess.

19. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the info. Apparently it has been going on for a while and the driver mentioned it last week so we took the 10 seconds to adjust it . Smooth as silk now, not SLAM.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  20. SHARPMACHINE

SHARPMACHINE Junior Member

Good to know how to adjust the drop speed, mine seems pretty fast.