1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP - Meyer E-47 problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by norm, Feb 8, 2003.

1. norm

norm Junior Member
    from ne

When the switch is flipped to raise the blade it only power angles left. Does this mean I have a bad switch? Or is it something major? If you have a solution, please e-mail me at normldude@aol.com. thank you for any assistance you can offer.
  2. The_Burning_Rom

The_Burning_Rom Member

Hmmmm...I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but it sounds like you have a valve that's stuck open. That's just from the experience that I've had anyway...I'm sure a lot of these guys could give you a better answer. :eek:
  3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

The "B" valve is either stuck open, or has no magnetism. It is the coil with the red wire. The valve would be stuck closed. With all valves closed and the motor running, Meyer plows angle left.

4. Husker1982

Husker1982 Member

Check your electrical plug in make sure it is in tight. If it is then unplug it and get some lithium grease and put on the plugs. This might be the problem. If a little moisture gets in there it will effect the plow movement.
  5. norm

norm Junior Member
    from ne

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Once you told me to check the B coil, I was able to trouble shoot the wiring to determine it was actually a bad switch. I really appreciate you folks sharing your knowledge.