1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bobcat s-160, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bobcat s-160

bobcat s-160 Senior Member
    from MI

I have a meyer plow and really like it, I was at one parking lot put the balde down got back in and it raised but it was jumping didn't want to raise, so I got it home lowered it now it won't do anything. what could it be?

2. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

Does the motor operate??? what kind of pump is it???

3. bobcat s-160

from MI

motor doesn't do anything. it has a meyer pump on it

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

What pump do you have E47, 57 ,60 or the other newer stuff I can't afford. What was the temp? You could have froze up your fluid if it was cold enough or your fluid is crap and needs to be flushed. I had an issue with that this year when we had a few single digit nights. It will do that when it's 2 degrees.

5. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

If the motor is not operating then you should check all connections to the motor, clean them with some dielectric grease, if that doesn't help then check for a defective solenoid under the hood of the truck, 9 timeds out of 10 that is where the problem is and it is an easy and cheap fix.

6. bobcat s-160

from MI

Everything is clean and i replaced the solenoid.

7. bobcat s-160

from MI

The pump is an E 60. It wasn't that cold. But if the fluid wasn't good shouldn't the motor still run.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can you hear the under hood solenoid click when you try to operate the plow? If it does and you sure all the connections are good INCLUDING the grounds, then the motor's defective. If it's a single stud motor, remove it from the pump and check for corrosion between the motor and the pump housing.If you don't find any, look at the brushes and the brush holder's on the end of the pump.Check them for rust or corrosion and look closely at the brush wire's as they like to corrode and break off too.

9. bobcat s-160

from MI

Or could it be that the motor is no good and i have to buy a new one. what will that cost

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The motors generally run $100.00-$140.00 depending on where you buy. If you do replace the motor I highly recommend upgrading to the two terminal motor as they are a much better design. I saw a brand new one on ebay the other day go for $47.00.

11. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Check your ground and make sure you have a clean conection,