1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Me!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgoalie23, Dec 6, 2004.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

I have a meyers plow with a E-60 hydro lift. The problem I have is the lift after a minute or so with slowly let the plow down. When this occurs the lift will make a clicking noise. I am concerned because when i am driving on the road it starts to lower and I have to raise the plow every 5 minutes. Thank you for your help in advance.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same problem! Evey so often i will press the up arrow and it will rise to my surprise. Then i am left thinking (I know i raised this) after this happened repetitively, I though maybe the fluid was some how getting back in.

In some odd way it is nice to know you are having this problem to. I thought i was going crazy :dizzy: with my self lowering plow.

3. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

the only problem with mine is when it lowers it will lower until the plow touches the ground!

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Could you have a stuck valve??? It might just be dirty or something....How old is the unit??? Has the proper maintenance been done on the plow???

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I would say it is about 10 or 11 years old, As far as maintenance, I think it was good but I bought it used of a guy down the street. It's not a big deal, nor even a major inconvenience.

It lowers VERY SLOW, 2-3 inches per 1/2 hr. maybe when driving

I know nothing about taking this apart. This is my first year, and I feel that is I get it apart I will never get it back together :p .

Maybe I will hit up BNC to walk me through it :nod:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  6. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

You probably have a bad a-valve. There are diagrams online that'll show you where it is. Very simple to change. All you need is an adjustable wrench and a 1 1/8" deep well socket. Meyer's website I believe has diagrams. If not try centralparts.com, I know they have diagrams. :drinkup:

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ask Nate but i belive your prob is most likely to be the seal at the bottom of the lifting ram....Rob

8. Goose2169

Goose2169 Junior Member

I had the same problem last winter with mine. E-60 I thought it was the A-valve so i changed that but it didnt help. The more I plowed with it the worse it got until finally it would hardly stay up. I took it to Angelos and they said the seals were bad and it wasnt holding any fluid pressure. I believe it cost me $125 but they went through it and changed all the seals, fluid, and even painted it.

Just my $.02
    Charles

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I'm with rob and goose, bad seals and o-rings. There is a packing/seal assy at the bottom of your lift cyl that holds it in the raised position, the packing are more than likely worn and are letting oil bypass them which will allow the liftarm to lower. If its 10 years old without a rebuild, your doing pretty good, get ahold of big nate and have him rebuild it with all new seals and o-rings.