1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Me With My Jeep!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by smithb0146, Oct 30, 2006.

?

HELP ME

1. Can i put a plow on my unibody truck?

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. What plow is best?

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. How much will it cost me?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Is it a good choice in the long run with the body?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. smithb0146

smithb0146 Junior Member

I NEED HELP!! I have 1997 Jeep Cherokee, it is a 4.0 L engine with a straight 6 and I have 4wd. I would like to plow with this truck, but because it is a unibody I am not sure if i can put one on. I also heard that if I use Air bag load assists it would help me to take some strain off the body. I was thinking of a 6'8" ST series. It is light and has down pressure... Any comments or help is greatly appreciated on what to use and do on this situation!! E-mail me or just post a comment.. My E-mail is bolthead53@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time,
    Smithb0146:salute: :help: :help: :help:

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Sell it and buy another truck/jeep. A unibody frame vehicle will bend if you put a plow on it the first time you hit something. Its a very bad idea and most companies don't even make mounts for unibody frame vehicles for that reason.

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

It will not bend as long as the plow is functioning properly and tripping as it should there is no danger, trust me.

smithb0146, the Snoway is a good choice I'm running an older model 18DX without downpressure and have had no problems the Cherokee is well suited for a lighter duty plow. The air bags are a good bet too and cheaper to use than Timbrens. Just be careful plowing as with any vehicle it will break if you abuse it.

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I thought it was the Grand Cherokee that had the unibody......There are many people using Cherokees without issue.....

5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

smithb0146,

The ST Series x 6'-8" would make a nice match for your vehicle. Sno-Way conforms to all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) guidelines and stays within all GVWR and GAWR limits when we approve an application.

Your vehicle may need some front end load boasters but I would try it first before you make that decision. It certainly can't hurt though. May stiffen the ride a little bit when the plow is not on the vehicle.

Hope that this helps.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

search the site under Cherokee, lots of guys are using them.