1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me with my headlights!! Im an idiot!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dura_snack, Dec 30, 2008.

1. dura_snack

dura_snack Junior Member

I have a 2000 Ford F350 with a 7.3 powerstroke. I bought a used western unimount plow and the wireing it was off a truck identical to mine. i hooked up all the wireing. the plow itself works great but the lights WILL NOT WORK. I have them hooked up right from wat i know but they dont worrk. My truck lights still work evan when the plow is hooked up. I did notice that there are two wires hanging it looks like they mite be cut but im not sure, there are by the headlight plug-ins. I need help cause I have too plow 6 drive-ways. if you have ANY helpfull info please ket me know. Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What exactly did it come off from?? Year??

3. dura_snack

dura_snack Junior Member

it came off a 2000 it was a twin to my truck evan the same color. i just went down to look aqt my truck and there a 3 wires hanging 1 is black 1 is gray and 1 is purple i touched them to the bateries and the lights came on, on the plow. so idk what to think.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Should have been 1 brown, 1 grey on the drivers side and a purple at the passengers side.

They grey and purple are for turn signals and need to be tapped in to the truck.

the brown is for marker and power to the relays and needs to be taped into the truck marker lights and then everything will work.

5. dura_snack

dura_snack Junior Member

Ok those would just be the like blinker wires and the markerlights what exsacly wood those be. i told you i was an idiot

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need the brown marker light wire connected or else the relays wont work to switch the head lights over.