1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me with my Blazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Marine, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Marine

Marine Junior Member

I just found this site and so far I realy like it. I have a question and I hope I can get some help. I bought a 1977 Blazer with a 8 in lift. The lift, drive shafts and springs are new. Due the the angale of the front drive shaft, the U joint binds where it enters the transfer case.

Has anyone delt with anything like this? I am thinking about pulling the drive shaft off and grinding it down so it will turn. I wonder is this will weaken the shaft.
  2. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

I do not suggest grinding on the drive shaft- it will definitely weaken the joint and could cause a catastrophic failure. I have rolled a pick up truck after a u-joint grenaded on me and popped a tire on my truck.

That being said there are several companies online, and possibly locally that could help you out. The local company I would send you to was bought out a few years ago by a national company, and there might be a branch near you. Try Fleet Pride- they specialize in driveshafts and undercarraige components, as well as plow parts in my area.

There's also www.drivetrainsuperstores.com

If you do a search online you'll come up with more info than you can imagine.

Good luck !

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Get a proper shaft for it,so you don't have any problems.The grinding will most likely work,but is it going to hold up ?