1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help me up to price one mile long driveway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by melver78, Nov 3, 2013.

1. melver78

melver78 Junior Member

Hi there l need some help to bid one mile long driveway with some shoveling around of the property in Michigan, does anybody could tell me how much should l charge for this job,, ?????its my first year with snow business,, thanks in advance

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

What you need to figure out is how long the job will take you to get done. Here, the going rate is right close to $100 an hour.
    Factors include how wide it is, and how many obstacles to plow around.
    Is it black top or gravel, and how rough is it? A nice smooth black top drive is much faster to plow than a rough driveway of either material. Is it level or steep hills.
    Will the customer have you plow every few inches during a storm, or make you wait til the storm is done, which can take a long time and be very hard on equipment.
    I'm sure the other guys have more advice.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We had a location like that for a few years. There was a section in the middle, 500' long that would drift so bad you couldn't get a truck in. We would have to bring a loader 4-5 times a years just to clear that section.
    Make sure you're not dealing with something like that.

pusher82 likes this.